STATE OF ALABAMA
Mt. Meigs Complex is located 15 miles east of downtown Montgomery, Alabama in the Mt. Meigs community. The complex consists of 13 dormitories with a maximum capacity of 312 boys. The boys range in ages up to the age of 21 and are committed to the Alabama Department of Youth Services.
The Mt. Meigs Complex was founded in 1906 by the State Federation of Colored Women’s Clubs. The facility was originally known as “The Reformatory School”. It became a state facility in 1911 when the Alabama Legislature made the first appropriation to the school. Over the years the Mt. Meigs Complex has expanded its programs to include Chemical Addiction Program (CAP), sex offender assessment and treatment, chronic behavior and psychological services, academic and vocational education and medical.
* CITY Program Information *